WAMU Theater works hard to promote responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Our alcohol policies are listed below and are also posted at every concession stand.
Guests who appear to be under 30 years of age must present a valid form of identification for alcohol purchases.
- Any guest who appears to be under age 30 must present a valid ID (see below).
- No alcohol will be sold to guests who are under 21 years of age.
- No alcohol will be sold to guests who appear intoxicated.
- There will be a two (2) beer / wine limit, per transaction, at concession stands and portable concessions until alcohol cut, which varies by event.
- There will be a one (1) spirit limit, per transaction, at club locations until alcohol cut, which varies by event.
- Guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and subject to arrest.
- Guests possessing alcohol, who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age, may be ejected.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any guest.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into WAMU Theater. Any attempt to bring alcohol inside will be considered a violation of the Fan Code of Conduct and may result in the guest being ejected, arrested, or tickets being revoked.
Any attempt to bring alcohol into the venue will be considered a violation of the Fan Code of Conduct and may result in the Guest being ejected, arrested or tickets being revoked.
Identification MUST be valid (not expired) and show:
- The bearer’s date of birth,
- The bearer’s signature (except US Military ID),
- A photograph of bearer.
The following forms of ID are acceptable at WAMU Theater:
- Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or ID Card issued by any U.S. State, U.S. Territory, and District of Columbia.
- Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or ID Card issued by any Canadian Province.
- Valid Washington State Temporary Driver’s License.
- US Armed Forces ID Card (encrypted signature & vertical format accepted).
- Merchant Marine ID Card issued by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Official Passport Booklet or Official Passport Card (must be printed in bearer’s native language and in English).
- NEXUS Card.
- Washington State Tribal Enrollment Card (no expiration date required).
The following forms of ID are NOT accepted for alcohol purchases at WAMU Theater:
- Punched IDs are NOT accepted
- Expired IDs are NOT accepted
- Temporary IDs are NOT accepted
- Vertical forms of ID other than the Department of Defense issued Common Access Card are NOT accepted