Everything you need to know about a safe return to WAMU Theater.
As we enter a new era of public events, we are committed to providing the cleanest, healthiest environment possible for all of our guests. We are continuing to work closely with local government and public health officials on the latest guidelines, and have implemented new measures to our operations to ensure we are exceeding industry best practices for cleaning and disinfection, food service, touchless technology and HVAC systems. We’ve designed these new protocols so everyone feels comfortable and confident in their return. Our utmost priority remains the safety of all of our guests, talent and staff.
As conditions for public events are frequently changing, please continue to check back for the most up to date guidelines.
Staff Training & Implementation
- All staff will undergo mandatory health and temperature screening upon shift arrival
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times, gloves will be worn while working in shared spaces
- Disinfection stewards have been appointed in each department to ensure increased employee training and proper cleaning and disinfection practices for all staff
Disinfection & Cleaning
- Leveraged the expertise of Aramark, our housekeeping partner, to implement an enhanced facility cleaning program based on elevated industry standards
- All “high touch” surfaces in common areas will be cleaned before, during and after each event. “High touch” surfaces include door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, toilets, ATMs and other touch screens, turnstiles, vestibules, and water fountains.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added around the theater for your safety. Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Increased operation of HVAC systems to improve ventilation of building spaces while upgrading filter efficiencies to capture a greater amount of airborne particles
- New technology has been implemented to digitally send tickets to mobile devices on demand instead of printing tickets
- New self-service pedestal ticket scanners at all entries so guests can scan their own tickets and eliminate close contact between guests and staff
- Restrooms have been upgraded to feature touchless faucets, toilets and urinals
- All sales transactions at WAMU Theater have been transitioned to cashless to eliminate the handling and exchange of money
- Increased the amount of touchless point-of-sale options at food & beverage, box office, parking, and retail locations. Further utilizing chip readers and tap-to-pay terminals.
- For more information visit our Cashless page.
WAMU Theater continues to follow all local public health and government guidelines, as well as protocols from governing sports leagues, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all guests, talent and staff. Current state guidelines do not require guest vaccination status to be verified in order to attend an event and guests who are vaccinated are not required to wear a mask. We encourage all guests to support our community by getting vaccinated.